Dear Mik,
   For example:
mvn install:install-file  -Dfile=oracle8ijdbc.jar -DgroupId=database
-DartifactId=oracle8i -Dversion=8i -Dpackaging=jar

thanks.
Tel: (020)36315358-328 Fax: (020)36315170

                      Nik Gonzalez

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Maven Users List
<users@maven.apache.org>
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [m2] Artifact
Override
                      01/12/2005 11:37

                      Please respond to

                      "Maven Users

                      List"

Michael,

Please take a look at this:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html

hth,
Nik

Michael Thompson wrote:

>I am doing eclipse plugin development using maven 2.0.  In my pom for my
>eclipse plugin, I have the packaging set to jar.  So in the end, the
>file: target\artifactId-version.jar gets created.  BUT, I've also added
>an antrun task to the packaging phase that packages the source,
>resources and eclipse plugin descriptor into a proper eclipse plugin zip
>file.  The issue is that when I do a mvn install, the JAR gets installed
>in my local repo.  Is there anyway to override the final artifact and
>make it so that it installs my ZIP instead?
>

>Thanks in advance!
>
>  --m
>

>Michael Thompson
>
>Senior Software Engineer
>
>Main: (512) 334 3200
>
>Direct: (512) 334 3229
>
>Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>Webify Solutions
>
>Enabling the On Demand Enterprise
>
>www.webifysolutions.com <http://www.webifysolutions.com/>

Hactl..........Moving forward with you.

Best Air Cargo Terminal - Asia 2005
Air Cargo Terminal of the Year 2002, 2003 & 2004

Web: http://www.hactl.com

DISCLAIMER :-
The information contained in this message, including any attachment, is
confidential and may also be privileged. The information is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
re-transmission, copying, storage, distribution or other use or disclosure
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from
your system. Thank you.