Hi there,

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs

Look for the question "I want my binary to be deployed during deploy phase, how do I do that?"

It might help :).

regards,
-allan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks for the tip.  Those settings create a source archive.  I would also
like to deploy a zip binary distribution (dependencies included).  I have
the assembly plugin configured correctly, but it didn't work to simply add
<goals> to my configuration.  Can only certain plugins be attached to goals?

     <plugin>

       <executions>
         <execution>
           <phase>package</phase>

         </execution>
       </executions>
       <configuration>

        <descriptor>assembly-descriptor-bin-with-dependencies.xml</descriptor>

         <finalName>shard-phoenix</finalName>
         <outputDirectory>target/bin</outputDirectory>

         <workDirectory>target/temp-bin</workDirectory>
       </configuration>

     </plugin>

--- Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org wrote:

Use the source plugin instead of the assembly plugin.  Just add this to
your pom.xml:
   <build>
       <plugins>
           <plugin>

       <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
               <executions>

                   <execution>
                       <goals>

                          <goal>jar</goal>
                       </goals>

                   </execution>
               </executions>

         </plugin>
       </plugins>
   </build>

(you probably
already have the build and plugins section) and it will do
what you want.

..David..