1) in m2, all jars must be in repository (local or remote)
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html

In your case :
     <dependency>
       <groupId>ojdbc</groupId>
       <artifactId>ojdbc</artifactId>
       <version>14</version>
     </dependency>

The pom for ojdbc is already in ibiblio repository, but we can't distribute
ojdbc jar.

2) Remove org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin directory in your local
repository

Emmanuel

Girish Nagaraj a écrit :
Hi,

1) I have a maven 1.1 project.xml which uses the JAR option to define the
dependencies
For example:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>mydep</groupId>
      <artifactId>JDBC</artifactId>
      <jar>ojdbc14.jar</jar>
    </dependency>

I tried converting this to Maven2 POM following instructions on the maven
site, but not sure what is the alternative for <jar> ?

2) After this, to start over from scratch, I just picked up the minimal pom
from the site and trying to run mvn site with this POM results in the
following exception

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin' does not
exist or
 no valid version could be found

I have put-in a settings.xml which has the correct proxy host and port, but
still not able to get the command running even with a -U option.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Girish