Hi Carlos,

thanks for the information. Configuring the compiler to fork works for me.

On 20 Dec 2005, at 14:49, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

The problem is at this line
c = cl.loadClass( "com.sun.tools.javac.Main" );
in
http://svn.plexus.codehaus.org/trunk/plexus-components/plexus- compiler/plexus-compilers/plexus-compiler-javac/src/main/java/org/ codehaus/plexus/compiler/javac/JavacCompiler.java?rev=2727&view=auto

I don't know why this should be a problem as nobody else is reporting
problems under mac and some of the developers are using it. Maybe you
have different security options in your JDK?

The security options are the default and are pretty much identical as the 1.4 JDK that I have installed and that works fine. Odd. Perhaps none of the developers are using JDK 1.5 and maven 2 but I guess that's unlikely.

If I get the time I'll dig a little more.

thanks
Conrad