Dear ,
   You can set you reposity id in setting.xml as central .
for example

<profiles>
    <profile>
       <id>devpprofile1</id>

      <activation>
        <os>
          <family>unix</family>
        </os>
      </activation>
       <properties>
            <devep.website>resource/appserver</devep.website>
       </properties>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
              <releases>
               <enabled>true</enabled>
               <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
               <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
               </releases>
               <snapshots>
                 <enabled>true</enabled>
                 <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                 <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
               </snapshots>
               <id>maven2repo1</id>
               <name>developer Resp</name>
               <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
              <releases>
               <enabled>true</enabled>
               <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
               <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
               </releases>
               <snapshots>
                 <enabled>true</enabled>
                 <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
                 <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
               </snapshots>
               <id>localreposity</id>
               <name>developer local  Resp</name>
              <url>file:///d:/m2localrepo/</url>
        </repository>
        </repositories>
       <pluginRepositories>
         <pluginRepository>
            <releases>
              <enabled>true</enabled>
              <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
              <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
             </releases>
            <id>pluginLili</id>
            <name>maven plugin</name>
            <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/</url>
         </pluginRepository>
          <pluginRepository>
            <releases>
              <enabled>true</enabled>
              <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
              <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
             </releases>
            <id>localplugin</id>
            <name>local maven plugin</name>
            <url>file:///d:/m2localrepo/</url>
         </pluginRepository>
        </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>

     <profile>
       <id>devpprofile2</id>

      <activation>
        <!--<jdk>1.5.0_04</jdk>-->
        <os>
          <family>windows</family>
        </os>
      </activation>
       <properties>
            <devep.website>resource/appserver</devep.website>
       </properties>
      <repositories>
          <repository>
            <snapshots>
              <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
            <id>central</id>
            <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>

            <!--<url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>-->

            <url>file:///d:/m2localrepo/</url>
          </repository>
      </repositories>
        <pluginRepositories>
          <pluginRepository>
            <releases>
              <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
            </releases>
            <snapshots>
              <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
            <id>central</id>
            <name>Maven Plugin Repository</name>

           <!-- <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>-->

            <url>file:///d:/m2localrepo/</url>
          </pluginRepository>
        </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
  <!-- activeProfiles
   | List of profiles that are active for all builds.
   |-->
  <activeProfiles>
    <!--<activeProfile>devpprofile1</activeProfile>-->
    <activeProfile>devpprofile2</activeProfile>
    <!--<activeProfile>anotherAlwaysActiveProfile</activeProfile>-->
  </activeProfiles>

thanks.
Tel: (020)36315358-328 Fax: (020)36315170

                      Allan Ramirez

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Maven Users List
<users@maven.apache.org>
                      om>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: How to override
the maven central repository completely
                      21/12/2005 09:26

                      Please respond to

                      "Maven Users

                      List"

Hi,

AFAIK, that is the right way on overriding central repository, try to
check  if central repository is declared in your settings.xml?

-allan

Venkat Muthusamy wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I like to maintain our own internal repository instead of
>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 due to some restrictions.
>

>I created internal server and downloaded necessary plugins and directory
>structures same as http://repo1.maven.org/maven2. I updated the pom file
>repository setting as follows. But it is still goes to look in to
>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2.
>

>  <repository>
>
>   <id>central</id>
>
>   <name>central</name>
>
>   <url>http://PHX51682:8080/mvn/</url>
>
>   <layout>default</layout>
>
>  </repository>
>

>I like to know how to override the central repository.
>

>Thanks in advance
>Venkat M

Hactl..........Moving forward with you.

Best Air Cargo Terminal - Asia 2005
Air Cargo Terminal of the Year 2002, 2003 & 2004

Web: http://www.hactl.com

DISCLAIMER :-
The information contained in this message, including any attachment, is
confidential and may also be privileged. The information is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
re-transmission, copying, storage, distribution or other use or disclosure
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from
your system. Thank you.