Is there a way to simply reference jar files in the ear package rather than including them directly in the war lib directory? The ejb plugin will add dependent jars to the manifext class-path entry with the following config...

<plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-ejb-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
                <archive>
                        <manifest>
                                <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                        </manifest>
                </archive>
                <generateClient>true</generateClient>

        </configuration>
</plugin>

Essentially I'd like to do the same with the war. Just add the dependent jars to the manifest instead of the lib dir.

Right now I have the dependent jars set to 'provided', and force the ear to include them. This is ok, except that the war plugin does not include these in the class-path (I put in a config similar to above, but there's no difference).

Any suggestions on how this should work?

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin