The machine has no internet connection its on a closed network, should
it still not reference the local plug-in store?

I have another problem when trying to install on window I get this when
I try to run
mvn --version

ERROR: M2_HOME is set to an invalid directory.
M2_HOME = C:\maven\maven-2.0.1\bin
Please set the M2_HOME variable in your environment to match the
location of the Maven installation

When using sygwin I get this:

org/codehaus/classworlds/Launcher

David Abbs