JBoss supports deployment of special "Hibernate Archives" [1] (.har files). These are simply a .jar with a different extension and a special file in META-INF. Is there a way to have Maven 2 write out the file as a .har file? If I can generate them directly, can Maven 2 cope with one of these as a "first class citizen" (still allowing dependency management, installation, and deployment)?

As it stands now, I just have an installation script rename the file prior to deployment in JBoss, but I'd like to avoid that step.

Regards,
--Eric

[1] http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/getting_started/v4/html/hibernate.html