A quick suggestion for Maven...

It would be nice if the pom (or top level pom in a multi-project project)
could contain a single element like:
<javaLevel>1.5</javaLevel> <!-- default is 1.3 -->
or similar that configures the java level for the project.   All the
plugins that need that information could then use that information as the
default.   I've discovered I've had to configure that information in
several places.  Compiler plugin, clover plugin, pmd plugin, etc...  and
each place is different on how it needs to be configured.   It would be
nice to just specify it once and be done with it.   Would make the poms
smaller as I wouldn't need configuration for each plugin that needs the
jdk level.

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp