Hello Sean,

which artifacts of myfaces has the problem?

I found commons-codec only in commons/pom.xml

If you call mvn with the -X switch you will see commons-codec is included in test classpath if the scope is compile.(works as expected)

I found only "java.security.InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size"

Which version of maven are you using?

Bernd

Sean Schofield schrieb:
Actually when I did a clean install I discovered that having both
scopes listed does not work.  Its unable to compile.  When I comment
out the test scope entry it compiles but I'm getting runtime errors
which I believe are coming from the fact that the unit tests can't
find the class.

Sean