We have seen the same issue, and it is a serious PITA.
Now we will have to go through any home grown Plugins and modify them
accordingly.

1) the absolute path makes more sense, and more importantly, matches all
previous behavior, particularly m1!!
2) this sort of change should come with a huge red flag attached, as it
breaks peoples code. It certainly shouldn't come in a  minor release

Thus, I can only assume that this is an bug??
Can we expect this to be fixed in 2.0.2??
Thanks,
-- Chris