Hello!

I think the feature you're referring to is the exclusion in the test suite
of the base test classes found in the src/test/java directory.  Using the
Maven 2 surefire plugin, you can do this by declaring the following in the
configuration:

<excludes>
  <exclude>**/Abstract*Test.java</exclude>
</excludes>

Hope this helps.
Nap