Hi,
I'm finding myself doing a bunch of mvn install and mvn eclipse:eclipse
commands with my maven projects. I notice that when I execute these commands
maven searches the remote repository for jars that are already in my local
repo, it also searches the remote repo for jars that I know are only in my
local repo (for example mail-UNKOWNVERSION is specific to my local repo). Its
says something like WARNING jar not found in remote repo but found in local,
why does it look in the remote repo for it if its sitting right there in my
local ?

Sometimes during execution of these commands the remote repo will timeout and
my build will fail. I'm wondering if there is a way to configure maven to not
look in remote repos for jars if they exist in the local repository and would
hence get rid of the WARNING messages. I found documentation for Maven1 to run
in offline mode is there something similar for Maven2 that when set would not
trigger remote repo lookups, or even better a way to configure it to only look
in the remote if the jar is not in the local?

Thanks for Maven2, its starting to have a lot of value in our organization and
the transition has not been a major hassle.