another thing I find handy is for projects where you prepare a ear file that
you don't want the internal war files to contain all their dependencies you
can set the scope of the jars in the top lvl depedency management section to
'provided' and then in the ear toggle them back so they get put in the right
place...

helps prevent those 300meg ears :P

jesse