Please try this link http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs#FAQs-HowdoIgetaplugin%27sdependenciesfromaMojo%3F

-allan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

As part of my effort to write a customized dependency report (in XML), I looked
at the maven-project-reports-info-plugin to understand how the dependency
resolution works. I made a slight modification, as it somehow didn't produce
the results I wanted. I'm doing the following:

To get a list of dependencies for a Maven project (List object contains a list
of Dependency objects):

       // get list of dependencies
       List dependencies = project.getDependencies();

To get the project artifact associated with a dependency:

           // create project artifact for dependency
           Artifact depArtifact =
               artifactFactory
                   .createProjectArtifact(dependency.getGroupId(), dependency
                       .getArtifactId(), dependency.getVersion(),
                       dependency.getScope());

To get a Maven project object associated with an artifact (assuming that the Artifact
type is "pom"):

       // get project associated with artifact
        return mavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(artifact,
            project.getRemoteArtifactRepositories(), localRepository);

At last I'm resolving transitive dependencies by looking up the Maven project object associated with a dependency, getting a list of dependencies from that project object, getting the project artifact associated with each of those dependencies (to get download URL and description). I can parse the dependency tree by doing this recursively (though I'm stopping at level 1 at this point).
Can anybody tell me if there is a better way (and possibly a way which
guarantees that this still will work with Maven 2.1+) to do this work?

Thanks,
Chris