Hi Yann,
in the last few days I experimented a bit with the solution you proposed,
also sharing my experience on irc:#maven, and I ended up having more doubts
than before.
if I choose the approach you proposed, every developer must checkout the
whole project, even if he's in charge of only one single module. More, since
we develop inside eclipse, the set of dependencies must be satisfied for all
modules contained in the project, which is something I don't think is
strictly necessary.

On the other site, the module approach will help the integration phase,
making easier to discover if some modules break others.

Also,  something that confused me is that using mvn eclipse:eclipse it
creates .classpath and .project ecliose files for the parent project and
also for submodules: this drives me to think that each module should be
developped independantly from others...

Opinions ?

Valerio