Valerio,

A snapshot is a development version. e.g, 2.0-SNAPSHOT is the
still-in-development future 2.0.
If you want to use a snapshot, juste use <version> , e.g. <version>
2.0-SNAPSHOT</version> . But first you must ensure that you have access to
the repository containing this version. For example, for Maven snapshots as
stated below, you could use :

~ <repositories>
~   <repository>
~     <id>maven-snapshots</id>