So a simple overWrite flag per artifact would solve this for you?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Cobb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:41 AM
To: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: RE: [m2 dependency plugin] updated dependency not copied

this added before the next release.

In my case, P3 was part of my top-level-project, so there was some
expectation that when that piece was modified/updated, this change would
propagate to the rest of the project.  I could see how you might want to
treat a "remote dependency" a little more tentatively.

Maybe if a dependency could be identified as a "project sibling" it
could be treated more aggressively.  I think the dependency plugin will
commonly be used with sibling artifacts, and these should probably get
overwritten when they get modified/updated.

I agree that in general, to minimize surprise, you probably don't want
to be updating artifacts unless you were asked to.  But when an artifact
is part of the same project, I think the surprise comes when it doesn't
get updated.