No, I use my IDE for editing.  I use maven for building.  Besides, maven
already has good plugins for eclipse and IDEA.  I don't need another IDE
plugin.

> I'm not really familiar with the creation and customization of IDE
> plugins, but I'd suggest you put your request as a jira issue to the
> respective IDE plugin.

No, I don't think this is an IDE issue.  If you use vi with ctags, you will
have the same problem.  Child-modules are, in a sense, an arbitrary
partitioning of project/application.  Just because you are building at the
child level does not mean that you should suddenly forget about the project
as a whole.

This issue is that child-project builds are sometimes necessary.  And since
they are sometimes necessary, they should "just work."  Not having
transitive dependency resolution for child builds mean they don't "just
work."

Maven's concept of everything being a project/module which gets installed to
a (local) repository is brilliant.  I think what it is lacking is the notion
that some of those dependent modules are "project siblings" and others are
from "third-parties."  The project sibling artifacts should be treated more
aggressively than third-party artifacts and should be transitively resolved
at build time, even when you are doing a child-level build.

Attention:
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. The
information contained in this message and or attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you
material from any system and destroy any copies.