Hi,
I'm searching to solve the following problem:

I've got a multiproject which depends of say jgroups 2.2.9.

As I only know ibiblio.org, I've added the property to
use ibiblio as my remote repository:

maven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2

However, the last version of jgroups (and other artifacts)
available is not up to date: 2.2.8
(http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/jgroups/jgroups-all/).

So I've decided to create a local repository for my project
(though it goes against the maven2 remote repository philosophy).

I've then added the following XML elements to the root pom:
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>XXX</id>
      <name>Local repository for XXX builds.</name>
      <url>file://${basedir}/thirdparty</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

However, I don't get the awaited results:

Downloading:
file://L:\projects\xxx\xxx-common/thirdparty/jgroups/jgroups-all/2.2.9/jgroups-all-2.2.9.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository MyRPG local
repository (file://L:\projects\xxx\xxx-common/thirdparty)
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jgroups/jgroups-all/2.2.9/jgroups-all-2.2.9.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

required artifacts missing:
  jgroups:jgroups-all:jar:2.2.9

for the artifact:

The problem here is that the "file://${basedir}/thirdparty" local
repository URL is evaluated for each subprojects
thus instead of being evaluated to "file://L:\projects\xxx/thirdparty"
the URL is wrong and my local repository
is of no use for my multiproject.

Questions:

1/ What is the process to (ask for) update on remote repository?
I've found a broken link on the maven webpage:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html

http://maven.apache.org/guides/guide/guide-ibiblio-upload.html%7DUploading%20to%20Ibiblio
doesn't seem to work :o(

Page Not Found

Sorry, the page you requested was not found. This may because:
 * The page has moved, was outdated, or has not been created yet
 * You typed the address incorrectly
 * You following a link from another site that pointed to this page

2/ Is the ${basedir} evaluation I speak of the normal behavior?
If yes, could it be possible to add a property like for example:
maven.reactor.basedir?

Thanks for your answers,
Loïc