Hello,

If you're concerned on the versioning the project.properties provides, I
recommend on using the <dependencyManagement/> section in POMv4.  You can
fill it up in a common pom, wherein other pom's can treat it as a parent in
order to inherit the declared versions.

If you're interested in some other feature, please let us know.  Posting
your project.xml, project.properties, maven.xml will greatly help.

Cheers!
Nap