Wendy,

A problem you might run into with this kind of configuration,
unrelated to the artifactId's name, is that your parent apparently is
to levels up, so you either need to use <relativePath> in <parent>, or
just know that maven will always use the installed/deployed version of
the parent pom, not the local one.

HTH,