I have an ear project, and the pom contains the following lines -

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <modules>
             <javaModule>
           <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
               <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
               <includeInApplicationXml>true</includeInApplicationXml>
               <bundleDir>/</bundleDir>
             </javaModule>
          </modules>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

I added this, hoping that the commons-collections jar file will appear in
the final ear file. I get an error that reads:

Artifact[commons-collections:commons-collections:jar] is not a dependency of
the project.

Can someone tell me how to resolve this? I tried adding a <dependency> for
this, but it didnt work.