Peschier J. (Jeroen) wrote:
I experienced the same problem as you when importing a multimodule
project into Continuum. When you add the parent POM it looks for the
modules' POM relative to the group/artificat/version directory in the
repository.
This awful scheme prevents all M2 multimodule projects from working in
Continuum. Inherently the problem is with the modules definition in the
POM as they are relative to the parent POM. Each module should have a
groupId and artifactId as well so continuum would be able to find the
modules in the repository.

I 've succesfully added a m2 multiproject in continuum in less then 5 minutes, so "This awful scheme prevents all M2 multimodule projects from working in Continuum" is false.
However, one big difference, my directory structure was like this:
         xyz_proj_distributon

          +-- xyz_proj_backend (extends distributon pom)

          +-- xyz_proj_frontend (extends distributon pom)

It's very likely that continuum experiences problems due to submodules not being in the initial checkout in your case: When you add xyz_proj_distributon and it checks it out, it's hasn't got a working copy of the modules.

In maven 1 there was something like a "multiproject basedir".
If it's not in maven 2, it's should be included and checked out instead of the actual basedir, module paths should start from there.

Maven 2 recommends the structure above (the one I am doing),
but Eclipse users don't like that, as they can't both view xyz_proj_distributon and xyz_proj_backend pom.xml's at the same time in eclipse. For colleague's who use eclipse I 've already had to make use of the multiproject basedir property in maven 1. In maven 2 it should be for them:

project (empty except for dirs)
+- parent-project (modules ../module1
                   and ../module2/module2-parent-project)
+- module1
+- module2 (empty except for dirs)
   +- module2-parent-project
   +- module2-moduleA
   +- moudle2-moduleB

Sorry I cannot offer you a solution. I tried in vain too...