I'm trying to publish our project's nightly builds using
assembly:assembly publish.  The resulting tarballs are published but
so are the poms and meta-data.xml.  Ideally this would not be
published as the end user does not care about such things.  They just
want to download the tarball.

Also, if possible I would like to omit the directory hiearchy when
publishing.  Its a pain to drill down through a fully qualified domain
name instead of just going directly to a "nightly" dir.  I thought
about giving a group id of just "nightly" but I would like to also use
the same assembly to publish the tarballs for official release.

Any Ideas?

Sean