Looks like you need to get the latest maven-plugin-plugin version. You can do this by issuing the following on your plugin project:

mvn -U package

The -U flag will force an update check for the plugin-plugin.

HTH,

john

Guo, Jiaqi wrote:
I used to work on a maven project with several java goals and ant goals. It worked fine on maven 2.0.1 and maven 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT which I checked out from svn maven-2.0.x and manually built before 2.0.2 was released. After I switch the maven to 2.0.2 released version, it throws exception on "mvn package" or "mvn compile". I pasted the trace stack in the end of this mail.

What I did is following http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-ant-plugin-development.html and changing the version of two dependencies from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2. (Same exception occurs without this version change). If I take out the maven-plugin-tools-ant dependency from build/plugins/plugin/maven-plugin-plugin the error is gone, of course the ant goals are gone as well.

Has anyone seen the similar problem in 2.0.2? Should I do anything different than the ant plugin development guide? Is there any existing working ant based maven plugin that I can refer to? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jiaqi Guo
http://www.cyclopsgroup.com

[INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.extractor.AbstractScriptedMojoDescriptorExt ractor.extractMojoDescriptors(Ljava/util/Map;Lorg/apache/maven/plugin/descriptor
/PluginDescriptor;)Ljava/util/List;
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.extractor.AbstractS criptedMojoDescriptorExtractor.extractMojoDescriptors(Ljava/util/Map;Lorg/apache
/maven/plugin/descriptor/PluginDescriptor;)Ljava/util/List;
at org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.extractor.AbstractScriptedMojoDescripto
rExtractor.execute(AbstractScriptedMojoDescriptorExtractor.java:32)
at org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.scanner.DefaultMojoScanner.populatePlug
inDescriptor(DefaultMojoScanner.java:69)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.AbstractGeneratorMojo.execute(Abstract
GeneratorMojo.java:99)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:415)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:531)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:472)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:451)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:303)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:270)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:139)
       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

---
[INFO] Total time: 17 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 21 11:56:56 CST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/7M
---