Why oh why is it so painful to setup a new project?    Transitive dependencies
are actually causing more pain than they are helping me.  This is largely
due to the poor state of the spring POM's, but I think it's highly unrealistic
to expect new java projects to jump through the hoops of specifing a ton of
"excludes" in their POM.

Spring is a perfect example of a framework that
is being adopted more and more every day.  How can maven2 claim to have
transitive
dependencies, and have it perform so poorly with one of the prime examples?

http://jroller.com/page/$entry.website.user.userName/?anchor=seperate_artifacts_for_seperate_dependencies