On 26-Jan-06, at 9:48 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
On 1/26/06, Laurie Harper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just started getting a project set up with M2 and I've run into a
problem following along with the current Getting Started Guide [1].
I'm sure I must be missing something obvious, but I'm not sure what...
--------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
----
[INFO] my-app already exists - please run from a clean directory
[INFO]
--------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

I haven't managed to get archetypes to overlay one another either.
The docs you pointed to imply that it should work, though.

For small projects where I want the site included in the same module
as the source code, I just run mvn archetype:create for the site
separately, and then move the src/site directory into the original
project.

But most of the time, the site ends up being a separate module, so it
works out-- I run mvn archetype:create once for the site, once for the
webapp, once for the jar (quickstart), and then add a parent pom to
tie it all together.

Thanks Wendy, glad to know it's not me :-) I used different artifact IDs for the app and site and merged the pom.xml files by hand, that seems to have done the trick.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie