From: jerome lacoste [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 5:28 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: assembly repack ?

Hi,

I have several use cases that need to do the following:

- unpack an archive (jar, war, zip, ...)
- optionally perform some operations on some of the files
- repack the file, sometimes filtering out, sometimes adding files to
it.

So today, the assembly plugin is the closest I can find to do this.
One thing it cannot do is perform operations. I am wondering if there
was a way to perform this in a less verbose/more optimized manner.

Some of the use cases:
- remove unwanted files from a zip.
- unsign a jar: i.e. edit a file, filter out some files

So, would there be an interest in having a repack bean (not
necessarily a mojo) that I could reuse to write my specific mojos?

The bean would now how to: unpack, apply a list of known operations,
repack to the specified formats. My only problem with this is that the
jar:unsign would

RepackBean bean = new RepackBean();
bean.setInputArtifact(Artifact);
bean.setUnpackedOperations(List );
bean.setRepackFormats(List );
bean.perform();
bean.getRepackedArtifacts();

Maybe there's another way that I don't know of?

Jerome