Any recommendations in Maven 2 on how to handle dependencies that are common
across WAR's and EJB JAR's in an EAR?

I'm used to including common dependencies in the EAR and then using
manifest.mf a classpath to include these JAR's into each of the WAR or EJB
JAR's. An example is when I have a common value object classes that I want
shared between the entire EAR.

With the war or ejb tasks I'm not seeing the capability to do this. Any
recommendations on how to accomplish this, or if to code these into the
plugins (I'm willing to jump in and extend the plugins if necessary).

I understand I can specify a manifest file for these and set the classpath
by hand, and then create dependencies for the EAR to have the jar's bundled,
but... This gets around the whole beauty of maven to allow it to manage the
dependencies.

Thanks,
Gary Rudolph