From: Jörg Schaible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:04 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: Diagnose changes in the jars of repository on basis of Timestamp

Parveen Beniwal wrote on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:12 PM:

> Hi all
>       I am working in a multiproject environment. Suppose i am working
> on project A ver 1.0 and B 1.0 which is dependent on A. I am making
> some changes in the A and deploying it in the remote repository
> without changing the version number.

This is a no-no. NEVER do this! If Maven looks for a dependency not available
in the local repository, it will download it from a remote repo - but this will
be done only once. So if you republish the original version, Maven will not
update it anymore ever. That's what snapshots are for.

> Is there any way to diagnose the changes of project A jar of same
> version in the repository while compiling the project B i mean on
> basis of timeStamp etc.

Read the docs for proper Maven usage.

- Jörg