Thanks, Richard, I'll definitely try this plugin out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Allen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:16 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Packaging dependent jars within a jar project

You could also try using the dependency-maven-plugin
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/dependency-maven-plugin/) to copy or unpack
your dependent JARs into your target folder before the package phase.

For instance:

  <build>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>unpack</id>
            <phase>process-resources</phase><!-- Or some other phase
before package. -->
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
                <artifactItems>
                  <artifactItem>
                     <groupId>big-project</groupId>
                     <artifactId>local-model</artifactId>
                     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
                     <type>jar</type>
                   </artifactItem>
                 </artifactItems>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>