Hello! I have an internal repository server set up, that is hosting 3 internal repositories (internal_released, internal_snapshot, and external), and each of these three repositories is configured in my project's pom.xml. And of course, I have my local repository. I am seeing messages in the output when I run a mvn compile that are confusing me. For example, one of my dependencies is a jar that I have added to the repository (using instructions given in the maven 2 documentation), called jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper.jar (or more properly, once added to the repository, jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper-3.3.5..jar). Here is the output from the mvn command:

Downloading: http://10.21.3.66/maven2_repositories/external/jboss/jboss-common-j
dbc-wrapper/3.2.5/jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper-3.2.5.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository external (http://10.21.3.66/mav
en2_repositories/external)
Downloading: http://10.21.3.66/maven2_repositories/internal_released/jboss/jboss
-common-jdbc-wrapper/3.2.5/jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper-3.2.5.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository internal_released (http://10.21
.3.66/maven2_repositories/internal_released)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jboss/jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper/3.2.5
/jboss-common-jdbc-wrapper-3.2.5.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org
/maven2)

There are several things confusing me about this:

1) First off, this jar is presently in my local repository. Why is maven trying to download this jar at all? I already have the jar sitting on my local drive.

2) Why does the first WARNING above occur? This jar sits in my internal repository named "external", so why is maven saying that it is unable to get the resource from this repository?

3) Since maven is checking the other repositories, why is it not checking my snapshot repository? I am guessing this has something to do with the version in my dependency declaration for this jar in the pom.xml not containing the "SNAPSHOT" string, but 3.2.5 instead, but I'm not sure.

4) Why is maven checking ibiblio? I thought that listing your own servers overrode the check to ibiblio?

5) If maven has checked all these different repositories and not found the library....I assume that it eventually finds it in my local repository?

Thanks for the help. I thought the idea of the local repository was to prevent the need to download, and I thought that having internal repositories set up would alleviate the read to ibiblio. Clarification on these questions would really help!

Brad