My "master" POM has no source, per se, so there is not xref for the master
project. My children are in sibling folders from the parent.

The master POM references the children POMs with the <module/> tags. In my
POM it has locations like "../child1"

The children POMs reference the master with the <parent/> tags. In my POM
the locations are like "../parent"

"mvn site" should be issued in the folder for the master POM.

You can have deploy locations defined in the parent and in the children but
if you only put one in the parent, the children will be in folders right
under it. (But you didn't ask about mvn site:deploy.)

You might want to share some of the relevant POM sections with us.

Thanks.

--
-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]