I'm trying to convert an existing project to a maven ear project and I'm having some difficulty. I have several questions:

1) Is there any solid documentation surrounding EAR projects? There doesn't seem to be much of anything in any depth discussing EARs or structuring ear projects.

2) How do I create an EAR project? The command line in the brief documentation returns errors.

3) I have an existing Java project with Java source and I tried to build it as an EAR project. It doesn't seem to compile java source code. Is there some rule that states an EAR can't have java source code?

Thanks for your help....

Brad