From: John Casey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 4:53 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Using <extensions>

Not sure what the end goal is here, but I assume you're saying you're
trying to do something like:

<build>
   <extensions>
     <extension>
       <groupId>some.group.id</groupId>
       <artifactId>some-artifact</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.1.1</version>
       <type>pom</type>
     </extension>
   </extensions>
</build>

Other than playing the trick of having that POM's dependencies all
included in the core classloader of Maven, I'm not sure what this would
acoomplish. BTW, it's entirely possible that the <type/> element isn't
allowed here, I don't remember for sure. It would seem to make some
amount of sense not to allow this, though...

-john

> This communication is a confidential and proprietary business
communication.  It is intended solely for the use of the designated
recipient(s).  If this communication is received in error, please
contact the sender and delete this communication.