On 2/13/06, Gabriel, Andreas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I somehow don't manage to get the maven-release-plugin running with CVS.
> When I run the mvn release:prepare target, the plugin complains
> "password is required" when verifying that no local changes were made. I
> found out, that the plugin is ignoring the "-D
> project.scm.developerConnection" and uses the connection specified in
> the pom.xml file (should'nt it be possible to override this with the -D
> option?). Anyway updating the release.properties file after executing
> the command once solves this problem.

Please check the archive, there is work around for your specific problem.

After that I ran into the next problem: My project needs a plugin that
> is still in development and therefore includes a SNAPSHOT version in the
> build section (build-helper-maven-plugin). The release plugin complains
> "Can't release project due to non released dependencies -
> org.codehaus.mojo:build-helper-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT".
> I understand that the plugin does not allow SNAPSHOT dependencies, but
> why doesn't it allow SNAPSHOT build plugins? Is there any possibility to
> ignore some dependencies?

build-helper-maven-plugin-1.0 released today.

However, if you'd like to use plugin snapshot when doing the release:

  1.  Remove plugin version
  2.  Locally build the plugin so that maven will use SNAPSHOT plugin at run
time

Or, cut a release yourself and place them in your internal repository.  I
use the svn revision number
as the release number ( ie 1.0-svn-revision ) so that I can track.

My configuration is the following: WinXP, JDK 1.5.0_6, Maven 2.0.2,
> maven-release-plugin 2.0-beta-3 and 2.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT, CVSNT.
>

> Regards,
>
> Andreas

-Dan