Actually, I've had some problems deploying from Cygwin too, although I'm not entirely sure that this isn't due to the setup on my machine, as I don't use Cygwin all that much. Rather than poke around with Cygwin setups though, I installed openssh and this seems to work fine. Although I guess the ssh and scp executable failures is a bug.

Tony.

Matthew Vanbiervliet wrote:

I had some problems with the deployment under Windows too.
Even with the ssh executable set to plink and scp to pscp, maven was still
trying to find a "ssh" and "scp" executable.

I switched to Cygwin and lauching the deploy from there was ok. I switched
back to the windows dos prompt, added the cygwin bin dir to the path, and it
now works from there too (ssh.exe and scp.exe exist in the cygwin bin dir).
Installing the windows version of openssh also works for this I think.

I know this isn't exactly what you want, but you could encounter this
problem at the next step of the deployment...that's what I had.

Matthew