I think this is a good idea too. I toyed with this implementation but
elected not to use it for some reason.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rollo, Dan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:12 AM
To: Brian E. Fox; Maven Users List
Subject: RE: maven-proxy and snapshots problem

I made all projects have a parent pom that defines a custom "central"
repository (which uses maven proxy), and file share based internal
repositories.

The new developer machine has to perform boostrap steps:
1. get the parent pom project from the bank.
2. run mvn install on this project (to install the parent pom locally).

I didn't have to alter any settings.xml, and theoretically the
"bootstrap" needs to be done only once (since thereafter, I'm expecting
updates to the parent pom to be automagically retrieved by maven from
the internal file share repo where it is published).

What do you think of this approach?