First off I gotta say ramping up with Maven 2 has been very hard compared to
Maven 1.  I was a big fan of Maven 1 and was using it successfully and it
was doing what I wanted but now with Maven 2 it's just so much more darn
complex and customizable it makes it harder to even know where to start.  I
like the high level design better but it's not user friendly.  It'd be nice
if there was a cook book that went over more than just the basics of
compiling and running tests and checking dependencies.

Can someone give me pointers on the following:

* How do I make it so that when I run tests the tests results also show up
as part of the site generation?  It'd be nice if I could see a test summary
and also navigate from the site the tests that failed.

* How to get continuous integration running with Maven2.  Is there a guide
somewhere?

* I tried running a clover:report task and it downloaded all the proper jars
but it's giving me an error saying that the license has expired.  The
documentation said that a 30-day eval license was included but I didn't see
it.  I do have a valid license file however.  How do I point Maven to use
the valid clover.license file?  I tried putting the license file in the same
dir as the jar file as is what you normally do with clover but that didn't
work.

* How do I make it so that certain goals are always part of the default set
and always run?  I just want to type "mvn" and have it execute these goals.

Thanks,
Christian

<rant>

Is Maven 2 still in a "beta" state?  If not it's kind of suprising how
tricky it is to really get up and running.  If one of the goals is to
replace Ant and get widespread adoption it's got to be easy for people to
actually use the thing and get functionality that goes beyond compiling,
testing and dependency checking I would think.  Right now there seem to be
too many gotchas and a lot of complexity in the sake of configurability but
that's killing ease of use IMHO.

In the Maven 1 days I definitely was a big believer but now  I'm not so
sure.  I have the formidable task of trying to get my team to adopt Maven 2
(I work at the largest online retailer) and all I see the team members
saying is "Man, this is way too complex, Ant is just easy to use, why don't
we just use that?"

</rant>