Thanks so much :)

The Antrun worked like a charm.  Turns out the manifest file was already
in the right place but Maven decides to overwrite it with its own during
packaging.  So I had to update the war's manifest after Maven packaging
using Ant.

Thanks again! :)

Mang Lau
Software Developer
MIS Member Services
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board
T: 416-228-3148
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Wayne Fay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/20/2006 06:26 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [M2] Modifying war plugin

Is there a particular reason you cannot simply use Antrun to copy the
Manifest.mf file to the proper place during packaging etc?

If you already talked about this, I might have missed it in a previous
thread etc.

Wayne

On 2/20/06, Alexandre Poitras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am curious to know why do you need a manifest file in a war? I have
> never needed it.
>
> On 2/20/06, Mang Jun Lau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since there is no functionality in the maven-war-plugin to support the
use
> > of custom manifest files, I'm getting desperate and I'm going to try
> > add it in.  I've checked out the latest code and I built it.  My POM
has
> > the following:
> >
> > <build>
> >     <plugins>
> >       <plugin>
> >         <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
> >         <configuration>
> >           <archive>
> >             <manifest>

<manifestFile>${basedir}/WebContent/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF</manifestFile>
> >             </manifest>
> >           </archive>
> > <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/WebContent</warSourceDirectory>
> >           <webXml>${basedir}/WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
> >         </configuration>
> >       </plugin>
> >     </plugins>
> > </build>
> >
> > This gives me this error when I run mvn clean package:
> >
> > [INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT
> > Cause: Cannot find setter nor field in
> > org.apache.maven.archiver.ManifestConfiguration for 'manifestFile'
> >
> > The stack trace says "Error configuring:
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin. Reason: Unable to parse the
> > created DOM for plugin configuration".  Where is this code?  To add
this
> > functionality would I have to modify the parser?  Would I have to
modify
> > Plexus WarArchiver code?  If so, I can't find the source anywhere.
Their