Jonathan, thanks for your fast reply.
Finally, I have found a comparison here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/DAMAGECONTROL/Continuous+Integration+Server+Feature+Matrix
But, still I do not understand what is the "tighter integration with
Maven 2" all about. Using CC I still can invoke Maven (1 or 2 -- does it
matter?) through the shell interface -- isn't it?