The dependency mechanism in maven 2 is not sensitive to the "type" value. Usually when someone has an ejb project he ejb-client jar has no dependencies (apart from possibly some transport objects and j2ee itself). It seems odd to me that the ejb's SERVER dependencies and up carried over into projects that depend on the ejb-client. I found a reference to this issue in the archive but no resolution. How are others managing this?

Thanks in advance.
Jim