Hi

you can execute as many as goals you want in the pom.xml.
you have to tie up these goals with any one phase of maven lifecycle. when
that life cycle runs the attached goal will automatically run. here is an
eaxample that generates sources jar with compile phase of  life cycle.
you have to give information about which plugin you want to  use and which
goal of that you want to execute. i hope given example is self explanatory.
e.g

<plugin>
                       <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
                   <version>2.0</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                     <phase>compile</phase>