I'll throw this out with the disclaimer that this is not best
practices.....

The toughest part of a migration to m2 IMO is the reordering of the
source tree in order to deal with the single artifact per project.

I've found that in my particular case, there are certain instances of
this where this not possible (due to developers, time restraints, and so
on....)

Here is one possible workaround.

1)  Let maven create the default project artifact
2)  Use the ant run plugin to create as many additional artifacts as
your heart desires.
3)  Use the maven-build-helper-plugin to attach each of these new jars
to your project (you must specify unique classifiers though)

This will allow you to get all of your dependencies into the repository.
You can later reference these dependencies in the same fashion you
normally would (just have to specify a the correct classifier for each
dependency).

The only caveat I can see at the moment is that each attached artifact
does not get a pom.