I simply have a mirror in my settings.xml, which is in my $HOME/.m2 directory.

<settings>
 <mirrors>
   <mirror>
     <id>lsu.edu</id>
     <name>Mirror of http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/</name>
     <url>http://ibiblio.lsu.edu/main/pub/packages/maven2</url>
     <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
   </mirror>
 </mirrors>
</settings>

I didn't have to put a repositories section in my pom.xml.

Richard Allen

Elliot Metsger wrote:

Hi Richard,

Thanks - I've followed that guide. I have mirrors defined per that guide, but when I run a mvn compile and Maven attempts to download deps, it seems to be doing it all from the central Ibiblio repo.

Do you mind sharing a pom.xml that uses the mirror? Specifically did you have to add anything to your pom that references a mirror in your settings.xml, or are the mirrors used automagically?

Elliot

Richard Allen wrote:

I've put mirrors in my settings.xml as described here: http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

It works well for me, especially the LSU mirror.

Richard Allen

Wayne Fay wrote:

Personally, I don't use settings.xml. So I didn't feel qualified to
answer your email, Elliot.

Instead I use <repositories> and <pluginRepositories> in my pom.xml file.

It works --- I can see files being downloaded from the various mirrors
etc when I run mvn -U...
checking for updates from dotsrc
checking for updates from ibiblio
checking for updates from codehaus-plugins
checking for updates from central

Wayne