You can execute:
ln -s path-to-actual-CVS-module

This will create a symbolic link in a UNIX system.  You're out of luck if
your CVS is on Windows.  In your cvsroot, create a new directory (i.e.
module) and place your parent POM in there.  Then symlink all of your
modules in that directory.  When you want to checkout the project, it will
follow the symlinks and checkout everything in the proper location.

_Mang Lau

"Gautham Pamu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/07/2006 01:19 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Simple CVS question: How to add a file to the toplevel cvsroot

 Thanks for responding to my email. I am more inclined to the second
option.. Can you tell me how to create these symbollic links, what command
should I use to acheive this or Are there any cvs commands to create
links...

    - Keep the structure and create a new module that contains a parent
POM
and a list of symbolic links
     to your actual CVS modules

Thanks
Gautham Pamu

On 3/7/06, Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can't do that.
>
> I have two workaround for your problem:
> - Refactor your cvs modules for having only one cvs modules that
contains
> all your actual module
> - Keep the structure and create a new module that contains a parent POM
> and a list of symbolic links
> to your actual CVS modules
>
> Emmanuel
>
> Gautham Pamu a écrit :
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I knew this is not the right mailing list for this question but I am
> posting
> > here as most users on this mailing
> > list are familiar with CVS.
> >
> > I want to have a parent pom.xml file for the all the modules in cvs.
So