+1

This is one of the major annoyances when running unit tests in Maven as
opposed to using the Eclipse TestRunner.

Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      Joern Eyrich

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
users@maven.apache.org
                      genio.de>                cc:

                                               Subject:  Getting a Failure
Stacktrace from Surefire
                      03/08/2006 05:59

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Maven Users

                      List"

If I do "mvn test" in a shell, and one of my tests fails, I only get the
output

"
[surefire] Running my.package.MyClass
[surefire] Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,01 sec
<<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
"

Is there any way to make Surefire also print the cause of the failure(s)
(the failed assertion(s)) and optionally (a) stack trace(s)?

I don't see an appropriate option at

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html

and my googling turned up nothing, either.

Of course I can go look in the generated reports files, but I'd like
something more immediate.

Thanks,
Joern