Hi Seema,

You might want to consider using profiles: http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

One profile for your CORE, and another for the core with inclusions/exclusions.

Regards,
John

Seema Neb wrote:

Hi I have project folder sturcture as CORE // Project
src

 -- main

    -- java

       -- com

           -- companyname

              -- productname

                       -- core                         // module name

                             -- AssetService      // Service package

                                -- domain            // has domain
objects

                                -- dao                 // has dao's

                                -- service             // this has all
the service interfaces (classes)

                                    -- impl             // has
implementation of services (implementation classes)

                                    -- exceptions   // has service
application exceptions (exception classes)

We are using maven 2 and have a pom.xml at CORE level which is a project
for us.we are pakaging the entire core into one jar file
But we now want to create two jar files for the same project CORE by
excluding some of the packages like
To include the intefaces defined in the services package, domain objects
package in one jar and the rest of the packages in another jar

How this can be achieved with maven that is directing a single pom to
build two jars with inclusion and exclusion list

Kindly help as this is urgent for us.

Regards,

Seema

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail
messages appended or attached to it, may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this
transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution,
or use of the information contained or attached to this transmission is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by telephone 172.229.9450 or return
e-mail message [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  and delete
the original transmission, its attachments, and any copies without
reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.