Hi,

I dont think the <pluginManagement> will help you for this.
Try this http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs-1
and look for the question "How do I resolve the " < plugin name > does not exist or no valid version " error?"
By the way, the faq page seems a bit messy so dont get confuse. :)

Cheers,
-allan

Xavier Toth wrote:

It would be nice to be able to debug this but I don't understand the output
of -X can anyone help with this?

[DEBUG] maven-clean-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
latest version
 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:LATEST:pom

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:pom:LATEST
[DEBUG] maven-clean-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
release version
 org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:RELEASE:pom

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:pom:RELEASE
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR